Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 1997 00:58:09 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp18.tar.gz

Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> writes:
> There is no easy to get out of the busy state .

Can I use adb and a kernel memory address, for instance? ;)

> You can try out guspnp18 if you like or grab the bits of code from
> guspnp18 .

I'd like to except for the claims that VAT output is bad on it.

> Also, guspnp6 had a problem with handling signals which can cause a
> system to "halt".

Argh! A rock and a hard place. ;)

> As for mpeg3 I have an mpeg encoder can't promise you anything
> however I am working on it . Should be interesting if I managed to
> pull this one off since it will give us low cost high-end codec from
> what I recollect mpeg3 is the same quality as realaudio's high end
> codec.

Someone ought to make a plug-n-play codec module for VAT so that
you only have to write the multicast code once...
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

    ". . . when all government . . . in little as in great things,
    shall be drawn to Washington as the centre of all power, it will
    render powerless the checks provided of one government on another
    and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which
    we separated."                             -Thomas Jefferson  (1821)