Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:07:45 -0400
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        developers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bugs: Sound driver won't start in KDE 2.2

Hi

During my testing of 4.4RC4 on a IBM Thinkpad 600E (2645-4AU) I ran
across an issue getting my sound chip to work correctly. I research the
issue to the csa driver. I think the driver doesn't support the Crystal
Semiconductor CS4239 audio chip.

Is there anyone currently working with this driver or is it dormant?

Ken
---------

Referenced info (FreeBSD 4.3-Release):
CSA(4)		       FreeBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 		CSA(4)

NAME
     csa - Crystal Semiconductor CS461x/462x/428x PCI bridge device driver

SYNOPSIS
     device csa

DESCRIPTION
     The csa bridge driver allows the generic audio drivers including pcm(4)
     to attach to the following PCI sound cards:

     ·	 Crystal Semiconductor CS461x/462x Audio Accelerator

     ·	 Crystal Semiconductor CS428x Audio Controller

     Some onboard CS4610 chips accompany with not CS4297 AC97 codec but
CS423x
     ISA codec.  Such the configuration is not sypported by csa yet.

HISTORY
     The csa device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0.

SEE ALSO
     pcm(4)

AUTHORS
     Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>

FreeBSD 		       December 18, 1999			     1