Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:38:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Galen Sampson <galen_sampson@yahoo.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE init [was RE: DCOP server problem...]

:
:Matt,
:
:Check out /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade.  Automatic port & port
:dependency upgrading, fully recursive.
:
:Took me about thirty minutes to set up.  My desktop is three years old
:and has been manually upgraded, patched, etc, repeatedly.  And
:portupgrade upgraded every port to the latest version, cleaned up all
:sorts of old crap, etc.  Highly recommended.

   Yah, I'm playing with it now.  After fixing up the database with
   pkgdb -F (scary!) I am now running portupgrade -a.  It's happily
   churning away on the ports tree upgrade god knows what.  Thanks!

						-Matt