Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 2004 10:39:40 -0600
From:      "Brian H" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ad1 error

Greetings:
I am
I have 2 disks in a machine of mine, one that is working fine and one is
not. They are both on the same IDE chain. I don't have bsd installed on this
machine yet, but I do have windows on it and it works fine.
Disk 2 works under windows just fine formated with ntfs, but when i try
to boot the bsd4.9 cd I get the following error.

ad1: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..

When I am at the kernel configuration screen at boot time is it possible to
pass something to the kenel to skip the detection of the ad1 device so
i can continue the install of bsd?

Thanks,
brian

Keep up with high-tech trends here at "Hook'd on Technology."
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/hookedontech.armx