Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 10:56:30 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> I would like to propose that we add the following two components to our
> system in an effort to both:
>
> 	A) Improve the infrastructure that our docs team can rely on.
> 	B) Make FreeBSD a better "out of box" Internet solution.
>
> 1. httpd.  I don't really know which variant is best, though John Fieber
>    (our Docmaster) has a preference which I'm perfectly happy to follow
>    (I think it's the CERN httpd).

Beware: the feb. port of cern_httpd does not recognize passwords
with the standard (MD5) password encoding algorithm. The casual
user is going to have troubles with this.

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522