Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:49:24 +0200
From:      Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com>
Subject:   Clang as default compiler

Today I decided to take the plunge and make clang the default compiler, ie
I set

WITH_CLANG=yes
WITH_CLANG_IS_CC=yes
WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS=yes

in src.conf. No problem so far. However I wanted to avoid building base gcc
( the whole collection ). Is  WITHOUT_GCC what I'm looking for?

On another clang note: Is there a page specifying valid settings for
-march, my google-foo is failing me. Ie, I'm looking for the equivalent of
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.7.1/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html#i386-and-x86_002d64-Options

After successful install I went on to upgrade some ports. Is there a specif
PR to use for ports that fails with clang and does not specify to use gcc (
devel/cdecl and deskutils/calibre so were the culprits so far)

Best regards
Andreas