Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:01:24 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@freebsd.dk, ambrisko@whistle.com
Subject:   Re: Update to pccard ata changes (removal support)

In message <200002260533.OAA09229@lavender.yy.cs.keio.ac.jp> MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro writes:
: # IO Data CBIDE (bundled with CDP-FX24, etc.)
: card "WIT" "IDE16"
: 	config auto "ata0" ?
: 	insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s IO Data CBIDE inserted
: 	remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s IO Data CBIDE removed

Hmmm.  This part worries me a little.  The ata code doesn't attach to
devices it detects that don't have drives connected to them.  This can
lead to a situation where the auto code in pccardd will try to
allocate the secondary address which will conflict and unpredictible
things happen from there.

I had a problem with a cdrom until I moved it from the secondary
controller address....  I think this may be a support problem for
us...

Warner