Date:      Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:53:34 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome dead after upgrade to V6.0-BETA5

On Friday I upgraded my main desktop from 4.11-Stable to 5.3 and then to
6.0-BETA5. The upgrade went smoothly, but since the upgrade I have been
unable to start Gnome.

I get a message that libglib can't find getpwuid_r. Clearly, this is in
libc.so.6, but something something called is missing it, probably because
it needs to be rebuilt.

I did a portupgrade -af which I thought should have cleaned this up, but
it has not. A few things didn't build and I have not looked at those so
far, but portupgrade -Rf glib has completed with no problems.

Anyone have a primer on how I might track down the guilty file on this?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)