Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:19:57 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Horen <horen@ny-myth.com>
Cc:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree

Horen wrote:
> Tried all combinations. Disabled every chip related feature, that isn't
> required to bring X up. Screensaver is disabled. No way to get
> any readable display back without reboot.
>
> Installed a fresh XFree86 built from the ports tree, hour before
> updated. No luck :-(

You stated "Typing blind starts X again".

Can you tell us what you mean by this?

o	It restarts X, as if you typed "startx"
o	It restarts X, as if you typed "xinit"
o	It restarts X, as in it comes back from video signal blanking
o	It doesn't really restart X, you were lying... (8-))
o	Turning my monitor off, and back on works the same way
o	...something else happens

-- Terry