Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:37:42 +1000 (EST)
From:      Simon Coggins <chaos@ultra.net.au>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5 Boot Floppy and Kernel Panic

On 20-Nov-97 Doug White wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Simon Coggins wrote:
>

>> > What's the panic message?
>> >

> Hm, never seen that one.  What type of motherboard, BIOS, and processor do
> you have?

Motherboard: TekRam H5P30 HS V1.0 I think it is (it has built in scsi)
CPU: P166 MMX Cyrix
RAM: 64 Meg of ram in 4x16 EDO
BOIS: Award BIOS flash upgraded to latest from TekRam

What gets me is the 2.2.2 boot disk still works fine.. Just not 2.2.5 :/

>> fatal trap 9 general protection fault while in kernel
>>
>> instruction pointer          = 0x8:0xf01aad71
>> stack pointer                        = 0x10:0xefbfff98
>> frame pointer                        = 0x10:0xefbfffb0
>> code segment                 = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>>                                DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
>> processor eflags             = resume, IOPL = 0
>> current process              = 0 ()
>> interrupt mask                       = net tty bio
>>
>> panic: general protection fault
>>
>> Regards
>> Simon

Regards
Simon

      |  Email: chaos@ultra.net.au, chaos@oz.org, simon@bofh.com.au   |
      |   http://www.ultra.net.au/~chaos   Ultranet Technical Admin.  |
      |       Chaos on IRC,    IRC Operator for the OzORG Network     |
---
Your BOFH excuse is: Someone else stole your IP address, call the Internet
detectives!