Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2001 10:56:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   D-Link DFE-650 on RC2 no icmp?

I have a brandy-new Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop. I first installed
4.3BETA and found that the DFE-650 D-Link ethernet card did not work.
I then discovered the fa_select "helper" app, which made it work, but
noticed that I could not do an incoming connection to the laptop,
only outgoing. Also, I could not ping it nor did ftp work, except
in passive mode (from the laptop), as it apparently could not
set up the "reverse channel" . Likewise, I could SSH from
the desktop to the laptop, but not the other way.

This card uses the "ed" driver.

Tcpdump shows the connecting machine sending arp requests, which
don't appear to be satisfied. However, the MAC address of the
laptop *does* show up in the arp table of the desktop. (??)

I cvsup'd to RC2 and now I don't need fa_select to make the
card work, (thanks!), but it still exhibits the icmp problem.

After joining this list and reading 1200 messages (!), I didn't
see this, so, can anyone comment on this?

Thanks,

Jim Durham