Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:27:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Java compiler...

In the archives I found information about about a native distribution
of JDK 1.0.2. The instructions in this distribution give the following
directions:
(distribution is freefall.FreeBSD.org:/pub/FreeBSD/LOCAL_PORTS/jdk102.tar.gz)
(I am paraphrasing th instructions for brevity)
After untarring the distiribution in directory in <jdk> and installing
the pdksh ports it says to include jdk/bin in my path, set CLASSPATH
environment variable to include jdk/classes, and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include jdk/lib/i386.
My point of confusion and idiocy is:
how do I set CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH? I can find no mention of these
on my system or in the distribution files. Also, why do the instruction say
to install the pdksh port...ie., how is the Korn shell involved in any of
this? Thanks in advance for any light shed on this issue.
Peace,
Dave