Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:10:16 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New bsd.apache.mk

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 09:59:01PM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> The purpose of bsd.apache.mk is to make it easier to create an
> Apache Module port, as well as to remove redundant code from
> the existing Apache Module ports.
>
> Does any changes need to be made before I send-pr it?

Patches for bsd.port.mk to hook in bsd.apache.mk if required,
patches for at least some of the existing apache-related ports
to make use of these new features, etc., etc.

Does any of this bsd.apache.mk help any with the progress towards
a single www/apache port and followup www/mod_ssl ?

> I would also like to nominate that a new virtual category be
> created called "apache", since there currently are 32 Apache
> related port.

Different issue.  Worthy of a separate email to keep these things
seperate.  My vote would be "no" for now, btw, simply because I do
not believe that www should be sub-categorized just yet.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			ade@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/