Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:43:13 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        sharon_j@netvision.net.il (Chen Genossar)
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: configuration tools for gated

On 24 Mar 1999 12:28:25 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.misc you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to use gated as a router.
>I have some questions about monitoring & administrating tools for gated:
>
>I know there is two tools: rip-query & ospf-monitor.
>Those tools are very static (can't make dynamic changes with them).
>I am looking for dynamic configuration tools.

gdc checkconf
gdc reconfig

These will be your friends with gated.

>Does anybody knows which administrative tools exists for gated?
gdc checkconf
gdc reconfig

>Do they (this tools) are working with CLI ? GUI ?
gdc checkconf
gdc reconfig
All from the shell prompt..
>Does this tools support dynamic modifications & configuration?
Yes.

Make sure you turn up the tracing/logging. It can be quite verbose and
chatty, but it should give you most everything you need.  Also, look to
www.gated.org and the mailing list archives for more info. Other projects
that might be of interest are www.zebra.org and mrt
http://www.merit.edu/net-research/mrt/html/

gated is pretty sparse for documentation, and features. But it seems to
work... OK.

	---Mike

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,