Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:04:01 -0500
From:      Aaron Hurt <aaron@goflexitllc.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS I/O Error - unable to import/mount pool

--------------030007000004000709060008

I have a rather small ZFS pool on a 7-STABLE machine composed of 4 disks
in raidz-1.  One of the drives was giving me fits and acting flaky so I
got a warranty replacement for it, however that drive as well as another
both started giving DMA timeout/LBA write errors simultaneously
lastnight.  I was able to bring the machine back up after it locked (no
crash/panic it just locked up) and do a scrub to get the pool online.  I
then powered down and disconnected the drive that was giving the
majority of the errors.  When the system came back up it says the pool
is faulted, re-attaching the disk I removed does not resolve the fault
and the raidz mentions corrupt metadata.  I though I might be able to
export/import the array but that also failed.  The array did export but
now refuses to import saying I/O error.  If anyone could give me some
insight on how I could get this pool back online just long enough to
snag the data I would be really appreciative.  I will also be more than
happy to provide any other detailed information you may need just let me
know.

Thank You,

--
Aaron Hurt