Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 19:18:11 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@wup.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: Quiet SCSI disk?

On Wednesday, 20th August 1997, Andreas Klemm wrote:

[about the 4GB DCAS 34330W]

>Do you know how many tags it uses (tagged command queuing) ?
>It was a bit disappointing for me, that the IBM DORS 32160 2.1GB
>only offers 3 and the the famous QUEUE_FULL condistion ...

I run mine off a Diamond FirePort 40 (uses the 53c875J chip).  When I run
ncrcontrol, it tells me it is using 4 tags.  I don't know if I can use
more.  I remember reading somewhere that Stefan thinks 4 is a good number.
I can't remember his reasoning, or where I read it. :-/

Stephen.