Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:12:25 +0200
From:      Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain@FreeBSD.org>
To:        KB N <kbn00@hotmail.com>
Cc:        mono@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tomboy 1.4.0 panel applet

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

Hi Bongnam,

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:21:05AM -0500, KB N wrote:
> Since upgrading to Tomboy 1.4.0 on my FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE amd 64 /
> Gnome 2.30.2 box,=20
> the panel applet of Tomboy disappered. I asked about this problem on
> the FreeBSD forum, and
> got the following answer from sandy
> (http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php?p=3D104503&postcount=3D2)
>=20
> "File a bug with your packager.  Panel applet is disabled by default
> in=20
> 1.4.0, and must be enabled at build time with --enable-panel-applet .
>=20
>=20
>=20
> This change was made because GNOME panel applets are becoming obsolete=20
> in the upcoming GNOME 3.0.  Don't worry, we, the upstream Tomboy=20
> developers, still fully support use of Tomboy through the GNOME panel=20
> applet.
>               "
> It would be good to mention this change in UPDATING or some CHANGELOG
> file in the port.=20

Wup, I saw this.  I don't use tomboy much and so I have not used the
applet for a while: I'd rather launch tomboy and have it displayed in
the notification icons, which was according basically the same.

So I did not added an option for this when I saw the applet was not
built by default (I prefer to stick to default options).  If it's a
desired feature though, I can add an OPTION to let the user say if he
want's to install the "traditional" GNOME panel applet ?  AFAIAC, I
think that just adding the OPTION is enought since the user will be
presented the OPTION regardless of actualy reading the UPDATING file.

My question is: is there strong feelings about providing an OPTION and
it's default value ?

Romain

--=20
Romain Tarti=E8re <romain@FreeBSD.org>  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~romain/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59  80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)
(plain text =3Dnon-HTML=3D PGP/GPG encrypted/signed e-mail much appreciated)

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--