Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:47:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Marcelo <bsdq@stgo.cl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello,
I have an 8 gig drive. 500m are swap since I have 256 in RAM.
The rest is all mounted on /
Is that bad?
I was critized by a peer for not having split up the drive and mount
individual partitions into  /usr /var etc..

But since the server will not be used by anyone (webserver and webmail) I
am not concerned about users taking up space since they aren't any.

But in general what is the rule of thumb on this? are there any speed
advantages to having seperat partitions?

thanks for your input,
Marcelo