Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 15:06:28 -0400
From:      Brian Camba <beesea@freewwweb.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem with startup files

what's up everyone?

i've just intalled freebsd, and i'm encountering a weird problem.  my
.profile and .shrc don't seem to be executed at startup.  i can tell
because when i use env at the prompt, some of the environment variables
are different from what i set in my .profile (i.e. path), and some
aren't even set at all.  also, i've made sure that i exported all the
variables because i originally thought that was the problem.

does anyone know what is wrong?

thanks,
bc