Date:      Sat, 27 May 1995 22:45:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@grep.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SoundBlaster 16

Hi, all

I am running the FreeBSD-current(May 25). But I have a problem to
make my SoundBlaster 16 configured correctly by kernel.
        ---------------
The hardware setting for the audio interface is as follows,
base I/O address: 220H
Interrupt: 5
Low DMA channel: 1
High DMA channel: 6

So I change two things:

1) In the kernel configuration

   # Controls all sound devices
   controller      snd0
   device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
                                      -----

2) /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h

#ifndef SBC_IRQ
#define SBC_IRQ         5       /* IQR7 is the factory default.  */
#endif                 ---

Then I config and rebuild the kernel. Following is the dmesg for the sb0:

        sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
        sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 4.13>
              Is it different from SoundBlaster 16?

But if I do 'cat doh.au > /dev/audio', then there is no sound
coming out!!!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
uh