Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:01:51 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 Missing frames fix

> I haven't been able to convince my system to lock up ever when using the
> bt. P133, ASUS T2P4, PCI IDE, SCSI, Ethernet, 40mb RAM, Mach64, WinCast.
> Still haven't gotten 24 bit color working right -- I'll send our notes out
> later.

In my case, I've running a Tyan Titan-III MB, Pentium 133, with the
Wincast TV/dbx, Symbios 53C825 SCSI, #9 Motion 771 4MB video, PCI ethernet
with a DEC 21040.  The system's got 64MB of memory and 512K cache.

I had another hang last night - this one occured sometime after I resized
the fxtv window to an intermediate size and after it had been dragged
around on the screen.  The next time this happens, I'll see if I can get
back into the box over the ethernet from another machine at the house.

The even/odd fields thing is not (as) noticable when the capture window is
increased up to maximum size.  I'll stare at it some more, but I think that
I'm willing to believe I've been seeing artifacts.

louie