Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:00:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to force GMT/UTC

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Crist J . Clark wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 10:34:49AM -0400, John Turner wrote:
> >
> > Hello -
> >
> > If I have servers (all FreeBSD) in many different timezones, how do I force
> > all of them to consider their system time to be GMT/UTC?
>
> Make up your mind. Do you want Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) or
> Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)?
>
> I guess the few fractions of a second difference doesn't matter for
> this application, so I guess we can pretend they are the same. ;)

(Sarcasm aside :) it matters to me.  Is there any chance of FreeBSD
reflecting this?  In /usr/src/share/zoneinfo/etcetera there seems to
be 0.00 difference between GMT and UTC in both -STABLE and -CURRENT.

I'm no zoneinfo expert, but I'm willing to work on a patch.  Anyone
know off hand where some good detailed docs are on the difference
between GMT/UTC?

-Paul.