Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 1996 14:04:27 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD SCSI list)
Subject:   Re: Mounting A Scsi Drive

>As Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
>> For 215R this works fine on my P100 equipped with dual NCR810. Doing
>> the same on a DX2-50 with 215R and Adaptec 1740 has a good chance of
>> locking up the system.
>
>Btw., i've been surprised to see that it works with the 2940 (i think,
>for the first time now with the `ahc' driver) in -current.

It doesn't work for most drivers because they don't disable their interrupt
when asked to poll.  I fixed this in the aic7xxx driver a while back and
all drivers on the 'SCSI' branch as well.  The other problems with it is
that some of the type device datastructures get clobered so if you have
pending transactions on any device on that bus, you lose.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations