Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:37:20 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        Docs Team <FreeBSD-Doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Doc projects and status

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 02:18:02PM -0800, Studded wrote:
> I started to send this just to John (at his request) but since the
> release is cut and I have more time to wax eloquent I thought I'd just
> send it to the list for general conversation. This is in no way intended
> to be competition with Nik's more detailed page, this is just my take on
> the priorities as I see them.
>
> 1. Initiate discussion about the format for the final form of the docs.
> I'd like to see a unified document (FAQ + Handbook + Tutorials + new
> material) with a consistent style and extensive cross-indexing. I'd also
> like to see a front end for this that takes the form of a "How Do I?"
> index. That's just my view, but I think there's general consensus on the
> first bit anyway.

Does anyone keep a list of which questions are currently most frequently
asked on -questions? Sorry, I don't know what's been done in the past. With
a whole bunch of people soon to start asking about installing 2.2.6, it
could be a good time to gather a small number of common questions in one
place that we can point to quickly, and later feed this into the FAQ proper.
The workload could be shared (identifying questions, writing answers,
updating the document). In one sense this is duplication of effort, but it
could be a quick way to take some of the load off -questions while awaiting
a more organised effort on the FAQ. Hmmm?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more