Date:      Thu, 09 Dec 1999 07:19:14 -0700
From:      Darren Wiebe <dkwiebe@heartland.ab.ca>
To:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Update port VMware 1.1 for Linux, Networking Support

"Vladimir N. Silyaev" wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 07:56:58AM -0700, Darren Wiebe wrote:
> > Great work!!  BTW has vmware helped you at all??
> Not yet.

I will have to hassle them some more. :-)

> > I and some others have
> > told them that they really do owe you quite a bit!!
> Thanks.
>
> > Now, I just wish
> > that I could get it to build on my system.  Here is the output from
> > "make install".  I last built the world on Sunday or Saturday.  I would
> > do it right now but on my p200 with 64mb ram it takes about 6 hours.
> You can try mount filesystem in async mode at the time when you are doing
> make buildworld and make installworld.

Okay.  I will try that next time.  I guess that I should have read
"Making the World Your Own" a little more carefully, Thanks. :-)

> > I am trying to get a new machine but that will not happen for a few months
> > yet...
> >
> > If necesary, I will gladly rebuild my system tonight.  However I read
> > someplace that -current is broken.  Also, I am sure that a lot of the
> > output could be snipped but I would rather send to much info rather than
> > too little.  Feel free to snip whatever is not important.
> >
> > Script started on Wed Dec  8 07:42:31 1999
> > # make install
> > ===>  Extracting for vmware-1.1.2
>                                   ^^^^^
> This is a old, and conflicted with new -current. You are need to fetch
> new port from the next url:
> http://www.mindspring.com/~vsilyaev/vmware/files/vmware.tar.gz
> [skipped]
>
> > > Port available at:
> > > http://www.mindspring.com/~vsilyaev/vmware/files/vmware.tar.gz
> Did you read this announce?

Sorry, somehow I missed the latest announcement.  I read it a while
after I sent this email off.

Keep up the good work!

Darren Wiebe
dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com