Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 1997 00:13:32 -0700
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
Cc:        HCI <bohandas@best.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT IPFilter

> From: Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
> On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, HCI wrote:
>
> > I have heard a bit about NAT, and IPFilter.  Where are they?  I looked
> > through port and packages and couldn't find a trace of it.   I have IPFW
>
> IP Filter is just that - a filter package. It compiled right out of the
> box for me. Its free, and the URL is http://cheops.anu.edu.au/~avalon/

   IPfilter compiles under FreeBSD 2.1.6 and lower without so much as
a blink, but it runs in to some (big) problems under -2.2 that I didn't
really feel like spending enough time on to come up with a patch.

   (Has anyone done any work on porting it to -2.2 or -current so I don't
start reinventing the wheel?).

   -Dave