Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:41:47 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@pagesz.net>
To:        efknight@bellsouth.net
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing Hauppauge

efknight@bellsouth.net:
 |I have recently installed FBSD 2.2.8 Release and want to install my
 |Hauppauge  WinTV card.  I have had this for about a year and it has the
 |BT848.
 |
 |Isn't there a webpage which gives explains how to get up and running?
 |Could you please let me know where to find the installation steps.

Here's Roger's Bt848 driver home page:
   http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/bt848/

Here's the Bt848 project home page:
   http://gable.nrl.cs.uoregon.edu/~dwhite/

And here's the Fxtv home page:
   http://www.pagesz.net/~aa8vb/fxtv/

There's probably info on-line somewhere about getting up-and-running from
ground 0 but off-hand I'm not sure.  Basically flip this in your kernel
config file:

       device               bktr0

build a new kernel, install, make sure your devices exist:

       > cd /dev
       > sh MAKEDEV bktr0

And then barring card detection problems, you should be ready to roll
with fxtv.

If you hit any snags, feel free to post to the multimedia@freebsd.org
mailing list (Ccing it here).  Bunch of TV users there will be glad to help
you out.

Good luck!

Randall