Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:47:12 -0500
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   soaccept not returning host info?

Hi

I'm writing a kernel module that provides a listening inet socket, I
have it establishing and binding the socket, tsleeping for the event,
etc, and the soaccept() call seems to work fine. My problem is that the
info about the connecting host info seems incomplete. It reports a
length of 16, family of AF_INET (2), the rest is zero'd out. Even when
the connecting client is on a remote machine... So my question is how do
I get the appropriate host information. Is it nested in the pcb or proto
block? I'm assuming an mbuf is used for the actual data transferred,
that'd be accessed via the socket mbuf? Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated, if it's an rtfm issue, pls point me to the right fm :)

Thnx

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.