Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 20:54:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Timothy Moore <moore@WOLFENET.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: g++ shared library segfaults

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Tnks!
>
> Here are the patches for Doc 8)
>
> ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/iv-doc.patch
>
> Can someone make sure that the patches  are correct . If doc and idraw
> proves to be reliable after a little testing then I suggest including
> them in the next release of FreeBSD.

Amancio, the only problem with this is that the Interviews tools doc and
idraw need the Interviews library, which is both huge and no longer under
active development or support.  I think either one would invalidate those
tools for inclusion into FreeBSD.

Really, go do a du on your interviews directory -- if you didn't know its
size, you're going to be in for a shock!

Now, if something more current (and less corpulent) like maybe qt or V
was behind it, that'd maybe be different.  Fresco was the successor that
the Interviews folks wanted you to move to, but it's never been available
for FreeBSD (yet).  You want to take on a real chore, go take on Fresco.
(That's mostly joke, Amancio, unless you have a fair chunk of free time).

> After further testing we can look into further extend / enhance doc and
> idraw.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |