Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 07:59:12 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
To:        Andrew Herdman <andrew@why.whine.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make world of Current dies with weird errors.

In message <Pine.BSF.3.95.970209191813.20055A-100000@why>, Andrew Herdman write
s:
>I was able to actually make world today.  I had been overclocking my cpu
>at a 75mhz bus vs. a 66mhz bus.  Dropping it to 66, or disabling the
>level2 cache cause the problem to go away.  Question is... why is the only
>thing affected is make world?  It doesn't make sense.

Make world is a pretty good CPU tester.  Basically your CPU is 100% busy
for several hours beating the snot out of your cache & RAM at the same
time.

Another time, when you report an error, do us the favour of running your
HW inside spec, ok ?

whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.