Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:40:59 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CCD vs vinum

In freebsd-hackers, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     I don't know of any operational bugs in the CCD device myself.  There
>     are bugs in vinum.
>
>     The only gotcha with a CCD device that I know of is that you have to
>     remember to offset the first partition by 16 sectors or you risk loosing
>     ccd's disklabel.

     How serious are the vinum bugs?  I'll be striping two 9GB drives,
and I was going to use vinum (as ccd is more or less, "obsolete"), but
now I'm not sure.  Does anyone have any recommendations on which to use?

     Thanks.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.