Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 01:53:35 -0400
From:      joel2a@yahoo.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installation doesn't work right with X and Netscape

I guess you can file this under complaint files.

1.
Well after trying to install freebsd about 7 times I'm giving up and
installing Suse Linux!

The simple installation /stand/sysinstall program works but is very limited
and bugged.

Sometimes there is no "back" button to return or go back to change something.

I would recommend the Suse Linux Yast installation program as a model for
future freebsd installation programs.

2.
Now after freebsd was installed I launched the KDE and found out that
Netscape would not work.
Netscape said "bus error (core dumped)" everytime!

SO I reinstalled it all with a canned user + X distribution and the
netscape package with a limited ports install.
Then startx did not work!

3.
I will try this again maybe some other time, maybe in another place, maybe
another computer.
But for now my conclusion is that until freebsd gets a better installation
system it is NOT as easy as the HYPE says it is.

Joel