Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:44:06 +0700
From:      Mulz <mginanjar@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com
Subject:   Re: help! I can't install 2.2.5 to my SCSI drive

At 10:21 AM 10/30/98 -0500, Steve Friedrich wrote:
>On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:09:13 +0700, Mulz wrote:

[cut]

>The freebsd handbook, http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook9.html#9
>only lists the Future Domain 8xx/950 series SCSI controllers.  And if
>you didn't know enough about FreeBSD to check the handbook, then you
>are not a good candidate to run 3.0R.  3.0R doesn't support some of the
>older SCSI that 2.2.7 does.  You should buy a newer SCSI card.  You
>don't need an expensive, whiz-bang one, just one that supports booting.
>Note that Adaptec sells several models that you CAN'T boot from.  They
>like to offer these to OEMs who bundle them with CDwriters, removable
>media drives, like Jaz, SparQ, SyJet, or SCSI scanners.
>Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.

My card does have BIOS and it supports booting.  I've checked the handbook
and list archive but I was thinking that even my card is not listed in the
handbook perhaps with an 'undocumented' modification to the bootdisk I can
get 2.2.5 to install.
Well, I guess I have to stick with this Win98 for a while longer ...

Mulz