Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:55:33 +0200
From:      Remco Moolenaar <remco@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: running Oracle 8.0.5

Achim Patzner wrote:

> > - Did you use the linux_base port (in /usr/ports/emulators)?
> > - Does the link /compat/linux/compat/linux to / exist? Remove it (this is handled by the port).
> > - In your path: put the /compat/linux/.... stuff up front.
>
> It didn't make any difference.
>
> Achim

Another posting was using the RedHat 6.0 port. I'm not sure if this will work, because even Oracle needs a patch to be able to operate under glibc2.1. Did you tried the base 5.2 port?

Remco.

--
Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/