Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:31:54 +0000
From:      dmaddox@scsn.net (Donald J. Maddox)
To:        "Gregory A. Carter" <omni@dynmc.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creative AWE32/64 PnP support.

On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 09:48:15AM -0700, Gregory A. Carter wrote:

> Been going over a few pages lately that cover external driver support for
> the AWE32/64 cards that you patch to the kernel.  Just curious to know as
> I don't recall seeing any info in the past on the lists.  Does 3.0 have
> full support for the AWE32/64 PnP cards without a patch?

Yes.  You may have to manually set the PnP configuration of at least the
AWE device the first time you boot a kernel with SBAWE support in it,
though...  I compile my kernel with the following options so USERCONFIG
just automagically fixes the PnP config evertime I boot:

options         USERCONFIG
options         USERCONFIG_BOOT

with the following in /kernel.config:

USERCONFIG
pnp 1 0 bios enable
pnp 1 1 bios enable
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20
quit