Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 07:52:59 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Penisoara Adrian <ady@warp.starnets.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest 3.0-SNAP for ISP Production server ?

On Mon, Nov 17, 1997 at 01:32:06AM +0200, Penisoara Adrian wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I'm sorry to bother you all but I really am out of 'sync' with -current
> events...
>  We have an dual Pentium machine running 3.0-970718-SNAP and we have big
> plans for it (it's our main server) so I'd like to 'upgrade' it to the
> newest stable SNAP in this time frame, while we're going to do a bunch of
> changes in the networking infrastructure.
>  Beeing our main server I'd like to know what's the latest _stable_ SNAP;
> I'm specially looking for stable AIC7XXX (AHA2940AU adapter), MFS, PPP and
> networking subsystems.

You should use 2.2-STABLE for a production machine. -current is
developers playground. It's not recommended to run -current in a
production environment. For SMP you should wait, until 3.0-RELEASE
comes out. Ok, SMP does pretty well here at home, but if I were you
I'd choose -STABLE for the company (as I did twice).

--
Andreas Klemm