Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 1995 20:27:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-current rlogin problem today (fwd)

> > Just noticed something about today's (1-aug) 2.2 tcp/ip.  Every other
> > rlogin is rejected.  Every other rlogin is accepted.  I get a connection
> > closed error exactly every other time heh.
>
> hah! That is two other people experiencing the same problem I am. Yeah!
> The problem has been around for awhile.
>
> In my experience it isn't actually every other.  It is a timeout
> thing.
>
> Do your rsh/rlogin thing and get to the stage where you are about to
> do a rsh/rlogin you know is going to fail/timeout.
>
> Brian Litzinger
> brian@easynet.com

Not me!  I've been bringing up a 2.2-current kernel every day for
awhile now.  Just today it started doing this.  After I rebooted
the very first rlogin attempt was rejected.  Nothing else on this
test system.  Every other one.  Weird.
Maybe they broke me trying to fix you :-)  Keep that fix away from
2.1-STABLE! :-)

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net