Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:19:17 -0800
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Funked up filesystem

We have an external SCSI box of disks, connected to a PCI RAID adapter...
the cable connecting to the server was accidently disconnected, which
caused the server to crash. (which probably shouldn't have happened either
being on a RAID controller) But after rebooting, one of the file systems in
that box was real screwed up, with the root directory consisting of
lost+found, with directories underneath being named something like

#0142869        #0365086        #0611086

This is the first time I've ever seen a non bad hardware related file
system problem... Should doing what I did have caused this? The SCSI box is
connected to a Mylex ExtremeRaid 1100, if it matters...

---
Shawn Ramsey
California Prime Line, Inc.
909-307-1355