Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:01:21 +0100
From:      Stefan Aeschbacher <stefan@aeschbacher.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardware problem?

Hi
I have a machine which behaves very weird. It runs 4.0-stable built
in June. Recently i made a cvsupdate followed by a buildworld.
Both worked. Due to lack of time (and access to the machine for
installing in single user mode), I did not install anything.
Today I tried to compile something and the compiler crashes
with the following message:

cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 11

this error happens during each compilation but it does not
happen at the same location in the source code each run.
furthermore, some daemons tend to segfault extremely often.

I had the same problems some time ago and thought it is
caused by kernel and world being out of sinc (I was not
very careful when updating at this time) but this should
not be the case now.
Any propositions on how to debug this thing?
Could it be a hardware problem?

Stefan Aeschbacher