Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:21:24 -0500
From:      jshatzer@nhgs.tec.va.us
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardware compatibility

I will be a college student at Virginia Tech next fall in computer
science.  We will be using freebsd and they suggest checking for
hardware incompatibilities. Your handbook8.html  site appears to be
down. If you could let me know of any compatibility issues that freebsd
has with any of the following hardware I would greatly appreciate it.

Processor: PII-450 Video Driver: nVidia 16MB Riva TNT graphics
accelerator Hard Drive: 13.5GB 5400rpm Ultra ATA hard drive Sound Card:
Sound Blaster Audio PCI 64D(integrated on mother board) Ethernet Card:
3COM 10/100 Twisted Pair ethernet   or   3COM PCI Combo ethernet card.

Thank you. jshatzer