Date:      Fri, 6 May 2016 22:11:51 +0000
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NO_INSTALLEXTRAKERNELS and PkgBase

--muT+E17Lr9urPYYJ

On Sat, May 07, 2016 at 12:08:28AM +0200, Ben Woods wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>=20
> The commit in r299088 changes the behaviour for building multiple kernels
> when the KERNCONF value contains multiple (space-separated) kernel conf
> names.
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D299088
>=20
> When PkgBase was announced by Glen Barber in March, note 4 of his email
> stated that multiple kernels would be built and packaged if multiple are
> listed in KERNCONF.
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pkgbase/2016-March/000032.html
>=20
> Can I please clarify the desired behaviour so that I can update the PkgBa=
se
> wiki article accordingly? I personally think it is quite a neat feature to
> build multiple kernels if they are listed in KERNCONF.
>=20

With 'installkernel', the first kernel listed in KERNCONF is installed
as the default (/boot/kernel), and subsequent kernels are installed with
the kernel name included in the path (/boot/kernel.${INSTKERNNAME}).  In
both cases (source-based upgrades and with pkgbase), the behavior will
remain the same.

Glen

--muT+E17Lr9urPYYJ

--muT+E17Lr9urPYYJ--