Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:04:53 +0000
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        Oliver Paulzen <opp@MuFFiN.Org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: playing mpgs with libretto

Oliver Paulzen wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I'm happyly using FreeBSD and PAO with my Libretto 50ct (US-Version).
> I installed Luigi's soundcard-driver and it works fine for
> sun-audiofiles (i.e. cat file.au > /dev/audio), but I'm not able to
> get any mpg-player to work. I've tryed mpg123, amp and xaudio. The
> speaker just keeps silent, no errors.

Here work mpg123 and amp (even if the libretto is at its limits :-)
with Luigi driver (very , very low volume...)

In the kernel I have :

controller pnp0
device        	pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector
pcmintr

mpg123 sometimes print a message like :

"How strange ... mss_intr with no reason"

while amp works without any problems...

--

Regards...

Gianmarco