Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2012 22:02:31 +0400
From:      Andrey Zonov <andrey@zonov.org>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mpt: Unable to memory map registers

Hi,

I just upgraded a few machines from 8.2-STABLE (r221983) to 9.0-STABLE
(r234600) and now they can't find any disk because SAS controller cannot
initialize with the following diagnostic:

mpt0: <LSILogic SAS/SATA Adapter> port 0xd000-0xd0ff irq 26 at device
3.0 on pci6
mpt0: 0x4000 bytes of rid 0x14 res 3 failed (0, 0xffffffffffffffff).
mpt0: Unable to memory map registers.
mpt0: Giving Up.

pciconf -lv:
mpt0@pci0:6:3:0:        class=0x010000 card=0x81dd1043 chip=0x00541000
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'LSI Logic / Symbios Logic'
     device     = 'SAS1068 PCI-X Fusion-MPT SAS'
     class      = mass storage
     subclass   = SCSI

I tried to boot to latest HEAD and found the same problem.  I also tried
to build kernel with mpt driver from my 8.2.  Controller didn't
initialize with the same diagnostic.  So it looks like the problem is
not in mpt driver.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Andrey Zonov