Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:15:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>, Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Subject:   Re: [Re: [FreeBSD Man Pages]]

On 30-Jun-99 Jesus Monroy wrote:
> Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au> wrote:

>> >     Very incorrect. Just a few days ago I show that 15%
>> >     of the online whatis(1) and man(1) records where
>> >     incorrect.
>>
>> For one definition of "incorrect". What you showed does not detract
>> from the point that Konrad is making.
>>

>     Wait a minute. Where is this arrogant attitude coming from!
>     The results plainly should wrong pages index, bad references
>     and missing descriptions.
>
>     Please explain your idea (or definition of "correct").
>     (Please note I know where all the IEEE papers are on
>      correct. So think this through before you popoff.)

Relatively speaking they are a heck of a lot better than manpagse for some
commercial Unices.  They may not be perfect, but they're a heck of a lot
closer.. and that was the original poster's point, which your survey has
nothing to do with.

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc