Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2012 08:28:55 -0500
From:      Thomas Johnson <tom@claimlynx.com>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
Cc:        pf@freebsd.org, Cron Daemon <root@claimlynx.com>
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] merging projects/pf into head

>From a strictly end-user perspective, I can say that we have been eagerly
awaiting a new port of the OpenBSD/pf code. We have immediate applications
for a number of the newish features, 'match' support in particular. We have
investigated switching to OpenBSD, but we really like our homogenous
FreeBSD environment.

That being said, Gleb's performance changes are intriguing. The fact of the
matter is that we are getting along alright without the new goodies, and we
would like to get some more mileage out of our existing routing gear. My
pf-envy really only gets really bad for the month surrounding BSDCan :-)

--
Thomas Johnson
ClaimLynx, Inc.