Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:48:52 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, developers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bugs: Sound driver won't start in KDE 2.2

Kenneth Mays wrote:

> Hi
>
> During my testing of 4.4RC4 on a IBM Thinkpad 600E (2645-4AU) I ran
> across an issue getting my sound chip to work correctly. I research the
> issue to the csa driver. I think the driver doesn't support the Crystal
> Semiconductor CS4239 audio chip.

I don't think it supports the CS4235 either, which is doubly annoying
because FreeBSD 3.x supported it.  However this should be a known issue
because newpcm has never supported the 4235 AFAIK (and I don't think
there's a big hurry to support this old and obsolete chip).

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer