Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:44:13 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        liang@ems.guangzhou.gd.cn
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does 3.3-release support CallBack?

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 08:48:04 +0800, liang@ems.guangzhou.gd.cn wrote:

> Could you please tell me if 3.3-release supports Callback when connecting
> to internet using a modam?

This is what the ppp(8) manpage says:

     Supports client callback. ppp can use either the standard LCP
     callback protocol or the Microsoft CallBack Control Protocol
     (ftp://ftp.mi- crosoft.com/developr/rfc/cbcp.txt).

So the answer to your first questions is yes.

> And, When I install 3.3-release, I want to use Callback too, is it
> supported too?

Out of the box, I doubt that you'll be able to _install_ using ppp
callback. Once you've got FreeBSD installed, the story changes. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.