Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 2020 21:21:02 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r362848 - in stable/12/sys: net netinet sys

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

I'm sending this to -stable, rather than the src groups because I
don't believe the problem is the commit itself, rather the commit
has uncovered a latent problem elsewhere.

On 2020-Jul-01 18:03:38 +0000, Michael Tuexen <tuexen@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>Author: tuexen
>Date: Wed Jul  1 18:03:38 2020
>New Revision: 362848
>
>Log:
>  MFC r353480: Use event handler in SCTP

I have no idea how, but this update breaks booting amd64 for me (r362847
works and this doesn't).  I have a custom kernel with ZFS but no SCTP so I
have no real idea how this could break booting - presumably the
eventhandler change has uncovered a bug somewhere else.

The symptoms are that I get:
Mounting from zfs:zroot/ROOT/r363310 failed with error 6; retrying for 3 mo=
re seconds
Mounting from zfs:zroot/ROOT/r363310 failed with error 6

(r363310 is where I was trying to update to and I didn't change the BE
name as I was searching for the problem and error 6 is ENXIO).

I tried to reproduce the problem with GENERIC but it hangs after
displaying the EFI framebuffer information (I've seen that before and
suspect it is a loader problem but haven't dug into it).

Does anyone have any ideas?

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR