Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 1996 10:34:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New meteor driver

On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I put out another release of the meteor driver today.  Hopefully, this
> > will fix the problems that some people have been having with the S-Video
> > input.  It also has code in the driver for the meteor RGB support and
> > some other bug fixes.  I don't have a meteor RGB but I have been told
> > that it works.
>
> The driver has been tested and committed to -current.

How did you test the S-VID input?

To run amancio's tv program in svid mode, in tv.c I changed

i = METEOR_INPUT_DEV0;
i = METEOR_INPUT_DEV2;

This produces a monochrome picture here, I don't have a monitor with
an s-vid input therefore no easy way to verify the hardware is Ok.

I can get the scope out and check the signals on the s-vid connector pins
but there must be a better way.

regards
kim

--