Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:07:52 -0400
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libglade-gnome troubles

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 20:00:39 -0500i, Ade Lovett wrote:
> You would have had tons of problems at this point, with the
> reinstallation process complaining about addition of ports that
> were already present in /var/db/pkg/* ...

I deinstalled them the regular way. my /var/db/pkg should be clean. Besides,
I always do a:
	pkg_version -v | grep -v "up-to-date"
whenever I update the ports.

> Running XFree86 4.0 on a production machine is not a good idea, too,
> but that's beside the point..

It's a development/protypy-ish machine. I test on this server, so it's not
exactly THAT important. I know about the exploit.

> Trust me, it'll be the quickest method.
>
> Regards,
> 	-aDe

Thanks, I might have to do that.